WEST MENLO PARK
Animal bite report: A young cyclist traveling south on Cloud Avenue with his mother and brother, also on a bike, was bitten on the thigh by an unleashed mixed-breed Labrador retriever. The dog held on for a few seconds and the boy was taken to Stanford hospital with puncture wounds in his thigh from the dog's teeth, Aug. 1.
Residential burglary report: Someone broke a glass door into the kitchen of a home on Linaria Way, rummaged through the rooms of the house and stole an Apple iMac computer with an estimated value of $2,500, Aug. 4.
Fraud report: The checking account of a La Cuesta Drive resident was down by about $5,700 after someone made unauthorized money transfers online to other accounts, July 29.
Residential burglary report: Nothing is missing from a Greer Road home that someone had entered through a window while the owner was away, July 31.
Residential burglary report: A bicycle with a value of $750 is missing after having been locked in a parking area under an apartment complex in the first block of Willow Road, Aug. 4.
Commercial burglary reports:
• Someone using bolt cutters broke into Menlo Velo Bicycles at 433 El Camino Real, triggered an audible burglar alarm, and stole two "high end" bicycles with a combined value of $13,000, Aug. 8.
• About $1,000 in coins is missing from Jason's Cafe at 1246 El Camino Real after someone broke a back window and ransacked the office, Aug. 5.
• Police made a shoplifting arrest at Draeger's Supermarket at 1010 University Drive, Aug. 3.
Auto burglary reports:
• Someone smashed a window of a vehicle parked in the first block of Willow Road and stole a purse whose contents included $100 in cash for an estimated loss totaling $275, Aug. 10.
• Jumper cables, an atlas and a suitcase containing white sheets, a terry cloth robe, ceramic knick knacks and a photo album are missing after someone smashed a rear window of a vehicle parked on Sharon Road, Aug. 4.
• Three pairs of earrings, a broach and a ring with a combined value of $1,600 are missing from a house on Marmona Drive, Aug. 5.
• A locked bike with a reported value of $550 was stolen from a carport on Roble Avenue, Aug. 7.
• Someone stole a $450 Apple iPad from an unattended desk at Facebook Corp. at Hacker Way, Aug. 8.
• A $400 bike locked to a fence on Hillview Drive is missing and believed stolen, Aug. 5.
• A purple Giant-brand bike with a torn seat and a $130 value is missing from a front porch on Carlton Avenue, Aug. 7.
• Someone stole a bike from in front of a market in the 1300 block of Willow Road, Aug. 4.
• Thieves stole the rear license plates from two vehicles, one on Windermere Avenue and the other on Terminal Avenue, Aug. 4 and 5.
Fraud report: A resident of Arden Road, responding to an ad on Craigslist, paid $350 for two concert tickets that were later found to be duplicates of an existing authentic ticket, Aug. 2.
This story contains 549 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.