Residential burglary report: A woman asleep in bed in the master bedroom of her Oakwood Boulevard home woke at about 6:25 a.m. and heard an intruder in her bathroom. The intruder had walked through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. After being discovered, he ran downstairs and left the house via an unlocked sliding glass door, taking nothing. To get in, he likely used another unlocked sliding glass door, in the garage, then an unlocked door off the garage. Dec. 9.
Auto burglary reports:
• After smashing the right rear window of a vehicle parked at the Portola Road parking lot of the Windy Hill Open Space Preserve, someone stole a pair of jeans, a pair of corduroy pants, and a bag containing a wallet, a cellphone and a laptop computer, with an estimated loss of $2,975 loss. Dec. 4.
• The owner of a parked Toyota Prius at Alpine Road and Willowbrook Drive returned to find a smashed rear driver's side window and a missing briefcase and Apple iPod, for an estimated loss of around $600, Dec. 4.
Residential burglary reports:
• Someone broke into a residence on Coleman Avenue using a pry bar to force open the front door, then stole $1,475 in jewelry. Dec. 12.
• A $400 Apple iPod is missing from an Oak Grove Avenue apartment broken into via a bathroom window, Dec. 9.
• Costume jewelry worth about $100 is missing from a bedroom of a residence on Pope Street. The thief entered through the bedroom window. Dec. 9.
• In what police are calling an attempted burglary, someone used a rock to break a window of a home on Marcussen Drive but did not enter the residence. Dec. 9.
Commercial burglary reports:
• A $1,100 pair of scissors and a cash box containing $50 are missing from the Opus Salon on Cambridge Avenue. The glass on the salon's front door had been kicked in. Dec. 8.
• Someone kicked in the front door and hallway door into the office of a practitioner specializing in herbal medicine, but took nothing. Dec. 9.
Auto burglary report: A car parked in the 1100 block of Willow Road was found ransacked and with a window smashed, but nothing missing. Dec. 11.
• Someone stole a leaf blower and a saw from the garage of an unlocked residence on Sharon Park Drive, a $600 loss. Dec. 11.
• Tools estimated to be worth $450 — an electric screwdriver, impact screwdriver and radio — are missing from a locked locker at a residence on Sharon Park Drive. Dec. 11.
This story contains 470 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.