Bob Augsburger dies Dec. 31 at his Portola Valley home

Original post made on Jan 4, 2010

Robert R. "Bob" Augsburger, a former vice president of Stanford University and the first executive director of the Peninsula Open Space Trust (POST), died Dec. 31 at his Portola Valley home after battling a brain tumor. He was 83. Mr. Augsburger, a lawyer and businessman in his early life, brought private-sector thinking and financial practices to nonprofit management.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:36 AM

Posted by Catherine Marcus
a resident of Atherton: Lindenwood
on Jan 4, 2010 at 12:20 pm

His life story is inspirational to me.

Posted by Roger Potash
a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Jan 4, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Many years ago, while attending a performance of the San Francisco Opera, my wife and I were fortunate to meet Bob and Jean, and to find out that we shared a common interest in conservation, POST, and MPROSD. I've never forgotten what a congenial couple they were.

Posted by George Mader
a resident of Portola Valley: Ladera
on Jan 4, 2010 at 3:20 pm

As town planner of Portola Valley for many years, I had the privilege of communicating with Bob on planning matters that affected Stanford and the town. I always knew that I could trust the information he provided. It was a great pleasure to be able to work with him. He was certainly one of the most outstanding persons in the Stanford community as well as elsewhere. He will be greatly missed.

Posted by Peter Carpenter
a resident of Atherton: Lindenwood
on Jan 4, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Peter Carpenter is a registered user.

Bob was a gracious, intelligent and stimulating colleague when I was the Executive Director of the Stanford University Medical Center. He came from, and could have very comfortably stayed at, Wall Street but instead he choose to 'make a difference' - first by serving as the first VP for Business Affairs at Stanford and then by his stewardship at POST. He was always challenging and committed to the best long term interests of the University. He was a pleasure to work with and his legacy of excellence in management continues to serve the University, which he deeply loved, so well.

Bob - you will be missed.

Posted by Name hidden
a resident of Atherton: West of Alameda

on Sep 23, 2017 at 7:55 am

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?

Posted by Name hidden
a resident of Atherton: West of Alameda

on Sep 26, 2017 at 5:58 am

I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE AND I BRING YOU

Are We Really Up To This?
By Aldis Petriceks | 1 comment | 1,015 views