1. Corruption in San Mateo County.
2. Unresolved conflicts of interest in San Mateo County.
3. A culture of back scratching and wagon circling instead of problem solving in San Mateo County.
Administrative leave is a temporary leave from a job assignment, with pay and benefits intact. Other reasons that an employee may be placed on administrative leave may include protecting sensitive information or resources. You have got to ask did Michael Scanlon, CEO of SamTrans, or Mark Simon, Executive Officer of SamTrans, think about this option regarding the SamTrans CFO when the first accountant came forward. What about when the second accountant came forward with almost identical claims of fraud?
Let's say Scanlon didn't think about it, it never crossed his mind. That's what the Board is for, to provide oversight of the PUBLIC's money. Did any of the Board members think about Administrative Leave for Gigi? Did Carole Groom, Chairwoman of the Board?
Now that there are three accountants that have all claimed fraud, and Gigi Harrington, CFO, has had plenty of time to access all the sensitive records, software, etc. There is the possibility she can be eradicating evidence. Do you think now might the time for it, better late then never. Wake up Board, do your job.
When Carole Groom was approached in her role as Chairwoman of the Board by whistleblower Ling La, Groom gave her the brush off and then lied about it to the press. Groom either doesn't understand her function in the whistleblower process, or thinks everything should be resolved internally in a hush hush way and intentionally thwarted the whistleblower process which is the LAW in California. Either way, she needs to go, since either one is totally unacceptable.
Calling in the FBI would be a big improvement for the criminal investigation. It's not fair for any of the San Mateo County Taxpayers to expect our District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe to be able to investigate these allegations.
Here are just a few reasons:
1. The spokesperson for SamTrans is County Manager John Maltbie's daughter.
2. Mr. Maltbie has influence over D.A.'s budget.
3. Supervisors are on the Board that provides oversight of SanTrans, The Supervisors have influence and approve the D.A.'s budget.
4. Wagstaffe, Scanlon, Tissier, Groom, Horsley are all members of Service League of San Mateo County, which is a non profit where they can meet privately.
This causes the appearance of a conflict of Interest. Gigi Harrington is the CFO who refuses to meet with NBC11 We Investigate Team as promised by Mr. Scanlon.
Give change a chance. There is a slate of candidates including myself (Mark DePaula, looking to replace Carole Groom, and Juan Lopez for Sheriff) who are all looking to combat corruption in San Mateo County. It can't continue on with business as usual.