Farewell from the publisher: Guiding the Almanac has been a rewarding adventure

Original post made on Jul 2, 2014

As I retire from the Almanac after more than 20 years as publisher, it is rewarding to look back at what a fascinating job it has been and how warmly I was received by the staff and the communities we serve.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 9:28 AM

Posted by Dick Givens
on Jul 2, 2014 at 10:53 am

Tom-You have done great work for our community. Thanks.

Posted by Peter Carpenter
a resident of Atherton: Lindenwood
on Jul 2, 2014 at 11:24 am

Peter Carpenter is a registered user.

Thank you Tom for enriching our community.
You leave us a great legacy.

Posted by Stu Soffer
a resident of Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
on Jul 2, 2014 at 12:13 pm

You did good. Thanks for your efforts as publisher, and best wishes.

Posted by Maureen
a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Jul 2, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Job well done! Your thoughtful, intelligent editorials will be missed.
Best wishes for new adventures ahead.

Posted by Maya Sewald
a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Jul 2, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Tom you are a fantastic Editor! I know the paper and all of your readers will miss you!

Posted by Steve Schmidt
a resident of Menlo Park: The Willows
on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Way to go, Tom. Thanks for the endorsements!
Come up to lovely Lee Vining for a bike ride or two with us.

Posted by Bart Spencer
a resident of Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Thanks, Tom, for your journalistic contributions over the years. Best wishes in your retirement.

Posted by Rich Cline
on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Tom, your humility is to be commended. Thanks for all of your great insights and leadership, our community is better for it. And congrats on that Pulitzer that you conveniently "overlooked" in your editorial. We will miss you.

Posted by Pioneer
a resident of Atherton: other
on Jul 2, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Tom you will missed. Your influence on our community has had a tremendous, wise, and stabilizing effect. I have faith that the Almanac has the direction and momentum to sail through the change of leadership. If I have any concern, it's that Mr. Boyce doesn't have the neutrality and community touch that so many of your previous reporters have had. On the occasions I've spoken to him, he has exhibited an unpleasant bias in the topics he is covering. I avoid him at public meetings and events, whereas I used to take pleasure in connecting with your reporters. Perhaps it's a generational thing; I hope the Almanac is not going to lose the long view and the patience and experience it has shown under your leadership. Neutrality, persistence, and courage are traits of excellent journalism. Don't let them away dribble away as you leave.

Posted by Steve Rasmussen
a resident of Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
on Jul 2, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Not only has Tom never found a cheese he hasn't liked, he has never met a Goliath that his pen can't touch!

Posted by Martin Lamarque
a resident of Menlo Park: Belle Haven
on Jul 3, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Tom.

Thanks for your encouragement and wise feedback.

I will try to remember your wisdom and professionalism every time my strong opinions try to get ahead of my best thinking...

Sun of Wolf to bring Mexican-California cuisine, cocktails to Cal Ave