Protesters Become Violent at California Republican Convention | Town Square | Almanac Online |

Protesters Become Violent at California Republican Convention

Original post made by California Republican Party Delegate, another community, on Apr 30, 2016

Professional protesters became violent yesterday morning causing violence and mayhem. They assaulted a fellow delegate with eggs, attacked policemen, and charged the hotel. I got there around 10 AM and had to present photo ID and was check off against a list of people just to get in the garage. After I parked I had to present my ID at the hotel front entrance. All the other entrances were secured. Once at the front entrance I had to present photo ID a second time.

The protesters were violent, vulgar and irrational. They claimed if you are a Republican you are a racist. Considering that the Republican Party was the Abolitionist Party and the Democratic Party founded the Ku Klux Klan in Pulaski, TN to terrorize African Americans and to obstruct Republican Reconstruction efforts through acts of sabotage and violence. Harriet Tubman worked in concert with Republicans to establish the underground railroad to enable slave to escape from their cruel Democrat masters who would rape, sodomize, torture, and murder their slaves on a whim.

What we need is a Federal law that holds the the people who hire professional protesters civilly and criminally responsible for people they hire to protest if the protesters commit acts results in mayhem, violence, or the destruction of property. When professional protesters engage in acts of violence they are violating other people's civil rights.

Liberals have now morphed into neo-fascists. They believe it is their right and duty to extinguish other people's second amendment rights if they diverge in the slightest from their own beliefs.

Posted by Hey, Wardell!
a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Apr 30, 2016 at 11:19 am

Professional protesters? Please provide your evidence. Just another Trump lie. Trump will actually break Politifact - make them run out of Pinocchio.

2nd amendment rights to a well regulated militia? Whaaa?!? Good ol' fringies, trying to take away First Amendment SPEECH.

You had to present proper identification TWICE?!?!? Po' baby! Imagine that.

The OP is our local, semi-regular, from D4. He loves to claim that Republicans are still the party of civil rights (!) when in fact, with Nixon and the Southern Strategy, along with the Dixiecrats leaving and joining the GOP, both parties switched sides on civil rights 50 years ago. Yeah, Strom Thurmond, Dem/Dixie-crat turned Republican, lover of diversity. And I do mean: lover.

Fifty years ago, and he still tries to peddle the same garbage.

No wonder Trump will lose 85% of the African American vote, and 80%+ of the growing Latino vote. Trumps dog-whistle and race baiting, calling Mexicans rapists and murderers - "The Latinos luuuuuv me, I'm YUUUUUge with 'em" says Trump.

Add that he will lose 60% of women, and he is toast.

Yo, OP, I do have to give you credit: Thanks for the senate, btw!

To our OP: every four years you post under your name and come out and offer a thousand dollar bet to charity - when are you doing so this time? Soon, I hope, before the polls show how ridiculous a notion.

Who are you voting for? Trump? Cruz (the most hated man in DC, Lucifer-in-the-flesh?) The 1 state wonder - Kasich?

Please tell us! And again, thanks for the senate!

Posted by Working Man
on Apr 30, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Attacked police? Golly, how many arrests?

Violence? Funny, the film showed no blood.

Violent, vulgar and rowdy? Golly, we have film of 'normal' tramp rallies like that.

PROFESSIONAL protesters? Is that the new right wing meme? How do I get that job? Who is paying?

Good Lord - what a bunch of noise.

Posted by Stop the Trolls
on Apr 30, 2016 at 5:45 pm

You have to admit, folks -- our resident right-of-right-wing trollbot who posts here has a vivid imagination.

Either that, or it has wicked copy-and-paste skills...

Posted by Skyler
a resident of Atherton: other
on Apr 30, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Nah, he always copies and changes just a couple words. He learned when he got caught violating copyrights law and local terms of use.

So said to see someone who is forced to hide his true thoughts online. Maybe move to Texas where he can speak his blather and lies publicly.

Until Texas turns blue next decade.

Posted by Liberal
a resident of Menlo Park: University Heights
on Apr 30, 2016 at 10:53 pm

I'm about as liberal as Bernie Sanders and not a Trump fan, needles to say, but if you watch some of the videos it's clear that many of the protesters were beyond the pale -- chasing a Trump supporter, jumping on -- and smashing the roof of a police car in Southern California the other day, breaking through barricades in Burlingame yesterday, etc.

Trump has been criticized for inciting violence, but many of my fellow liberals are the ones who have been incited. It's embarrassing and counterproductive. I'm not a fan of the original poster of his topic, but he's right in this case. Just because you don't like him or his candidate does not mean you should stick your head in the sand and assume he's lying.

Posted by Skyler
a resident of Atherton: other
on Apr 30, 2016 at 11:58 pm

Bull.

How many arrests? How many injuries? Burlingame was nothing, a couple hundred peaceful protesters and a couple punks attracted by the noise.

Do you beleive they were professional protesters?

Do you beleive his garbage about liberals being racists and neo-facists?

Nice trolling, "liberal".

Posted by Liberal
a resident of Menlo Park: University Heights
on May 1, 2016 at 12:11 am

Skyler,

I am not trolling. I am a Bernie fan. One of the reasons I like Bernie is because he doesn't spin things. I remember when he lost badly in a South Carolina a couple months ago. He flat out admitted that he got "decimated".

Rather than acting like a Trump supporter, you might try taking a page from Bernie and admitting when things don't go as planned. The fact is that many California liberals have been acting exactly like Trump supporters -- intolerant and obnoxious.

Watch the video in the LA Times story here:
Web Link

This is just one of many. I'm not going post a litany of links. You can google them yourself if you don't want to put your head in the sand.

Posted by Skyler
a resident of Atherton: other
on May 1, 2016 at 8:16 am

Your love for Bernie is his vocabulary. In a loss?

Riiiiiiiight. That is what we hear so often from his suppporters - "Bernie speaks for me - wotta mouth (vocabulary) on dat guy!"

Do you think they were professional protesters?

Do you believe his garbage about liberals being racists and neo-facists?

One would think "liberal" might be reasonably offended by being called a nazi, no, he hates his fellow "liberals" for being supposed anarchists.

Give me a break.

As pointed out above, you join Wardell in joyfully thanking trump for the gift of the senate? Yup. Thought so.

Posted by Liberal
a resident of Menlo Park: University Heights
on May 1, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Liberal is a registered user.

"This thread is about Burlingame and the OP's lies. One notes you addressed neither."

Apparently you didn't bother to click on the link to the LA Times story. It was specifically about Burlingame "deputy injured as Trump protesters break through barricades").

I don't care about the OP and his lies. I know he's a shameless Trump supporter. I don't lose any sleep over his trolling... He happens to be right in this case. Liberals were violent and obnoxious. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit with your world view of liberals.

I've been a liberal my whole life. Never voted for a conservative or Republican. Probably wont anytime soon. But when liberals act like d-bags, I'm going call it out.