Atherton: Road rage leads to robbery

Original post made on May 8, 2019

A road rage incident on Monday (May 6) afternoon led to an assault and robbery in Atherton, according to police.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 1:16 PM

Posted by Yah
a resident of Atherton: Lindenwood
on May 8, 2019 at 2:44 pm

Check your egos, drivers. It may save you from a beating.

1 person likes this
Posted by sandy ferrando
a resident of Atherton: West Atherton
on May 9, 2019 at 9:26 am

Selby Lane School has a large pick up drive by population.
This is centered from the Fair Oaks Residents.
My suggestion is to use another street during day time hours.

1 person likes this
Posted by This is ridiculous
a resident of Atherton: West of Alameda
on May 9, 2019 at 1:07 pm

I’m sorry I may be missing something but what did the person do to deserve a beating he could’ve been killed. Did any cameras catch this? I can’t believe people in Atherton are supposed to be careful or they get beat up. I take the back way home because the traffic is so bad on El Camino. Am I going to be beat up because someone decided I had road rage I was completely unaware of? People on drugs can decide you have done something wrong when you have done nothing . I may not be well informed on this but I find this out rages and we need to protect our neighborhoods, get neighborhood watch and stop these people from coming into our area. They are not welcome if they are violent. I have been through this before and if you don’t find it they will come there and rob your house and do anything they want. Get their license plate number call the police help your neighbors stick together to defend our lovely town’s be. I may not be well informed on this but I find this out rages and we need to protect our neighborhoods, get neighborhood watch and stop these people from coming into our area. They are not welcome if they are violent. I have been through this before and if you don’t find it they will come there and rob your house and do anything they want. Get their license plate number call the please help your neighbors stick together to defend our lovely towns

Posted by pearl
on May 9, 2019 at 1:58 pm

pearl is a registered user.

It is a good idea not to show your home address on your Driver License in case it is lost or stolen. Better to list an alternate address, i.e., post office box or work address, so whoever finds your Driver License cannot come to your house and rob or harm you if they are so inclined. The DMV allows you to show an address on your Driver License other than the address where you live. I have always given my post office box address on my Driver License instead of my home address just for my own safety.

Posted by You are missing something
a resident of Atherton: Lindenwood
on May 9, 2019 at 1:58 pm

"I’m sorry I may be missing something but what did the person do to deserve a beating..."

I think you are missing something, and/or imagining something. I haven't seen anyone here say he deserved a beating. The 1st poster said that by not engaging your ego in these situations, it could save you from getting a beating. Is that what you misunderstood? That's different than saying someone deserved it. It's cautionary, not judgmental
It's sort of like saying wearing a seat-belt may save you from going through the windshield. That doesn't mean someone deserves to go through a windshield though.

From witnesses and police reports, the two parties were previously engaged in a road rage incident. You imagined the scenario of unintentional road rage and I'm sorry but I just don't hear about that ever happening.

Hope this helps. I wouldn't panic quite yet.

Don't be the last to know

Get the latest headlines sent straight to your inbox every day.

Palo Alto's Taverna to expand next door

What Would it Take to Get Tech Companies to Move Jobs Out of the Region and Is This a Good Idea?
By Steve Levy | 33 comments | 1,994 views

A Power Play
By Sherry Listgarten | 13 comments | 1,935 views

Back Roads of California Wine Country

Piles of artwork
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 732 views

The Almanac Readers' Choice ballot is here

It's time to decide what local business is worthy of the title "The Almanac Readers' Choice" — and you get to decide! Cast your ballot online. Voting ends May 27th. Stay tuned for the results in the July 17th issue of The Almanac.

VOTE HERE