Our political leaders are unfortunately paralyzed at this time of crisis.
I encourage each of you to activate your neighborhood organization NOW and to begin your final preparation for the epidemic wave that is fast approaching.
Protect yourself, protect your family and then help protect your neighbors.
The strength of America is not in our governments but in our people.
You have been trained and organized to respond to disasters - NOW is the time to act.
Peter Carpenter, CERT, HAM. Citizen
Director MPFPD 2002-2018
President Atherton Civic Interest League 2007
Atherton Resident 1982-2018
Current Menlo Park resident
Executive Director Stanford University Medical Center 1973-1976
InSTEDD (Innovative Support to Emergencies, Diseases and Disasters)
• Director (2006- 2010)
• President (2006- 2007)
• Chairman (2009 – 2010)
• National Advisory Board, Haas Center for Public Service
(1991-2001), Chairman (1994-1999)
• Ethics Committee, Stanford University Hospital (2001-2002)
• Visiting Scholar, Center for Biomedical Ethics (1991-1994)
University of California at Berkeley School of Public Health
Dean's Policy Advisory Council (1993-1998, 2003 - 2009),
• Co-Chair (1995-1998)
Public Health Policy Advisory Board
• Board of Trustees 1998-2004
McGill University, Montreal, Canada
• Adjunct Professor, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
• Co-Chairman, Policy Advisory Board, McGill Collaborative
Programme in Pharmaco - Epidemiology (1988-1993)
California AIDS Leadership Committee
• Executive Committee (1988-1994)
• Co-Chair, Subcommittee on Health Care Financing and Services