Can you Trump this? | Town Square | Almanac Online |

Can you Trump this?

Original post made by Jack Hickey, Woodside: Emerald Hills, on Mar 22, 2020

Can you Trump this?
Whether you like President Trump or not, he made a comment today which will go down in history as one of his most important. When asked whether he would seek advice from past presidents to help solve the current crisis, he said: "If it would save just one life, I would do it." That phrase has been used by politicians ad nauseam. Usually it is made without considering the negative effects of what they are foisting on the public. Thank you President Trump for bursting their bubble!

Posted by Trump fired the national pandemic team
on Mar 22, 2020 at 5:26 pm

> "If it would save just one life, I would do it."

Not the exact words, Jack.

In fact, that's a pretty lame interpretation of Trump's whole quote.

"‘I think we’re doing an extraordinary job….if you look at the H1N1 (virus), that was a disaster. You look at so many other things that weren’t handled well, whether it’s (Hurricane) Katrina, or something else,’ Trump said. ‘Look, I respect everybody, but I feel like I have an incredible team and I think we’re doing an incredible job. When you look at the job we’re doing, and all you have to look at approval numbers on the job we’re doing. I think we’re doing an incredible job.’

‘So I don’t think I want to disturb them, bother them, I don’t think I’m going to learn much and, you know, I guess you could say there’s probably a natural inclination not to call. Now, if I felt that if I called I could call and learn something and that would save one life, one life, I would make the call in two minutes, but I don’t see that happening,’ "

"but I don’t see that happening"

Jack - do you always believe Trump when he claims something out of the blue?

Posted by Trump fired the national pandemic team
on Mar 22, 2020 at 5:29 pm

Trump just said he can't learn a single thing from the three men who ran our country for the previous 24 years.

"but I don’t see that happening"

Unbelievable. Thanks, Jack for sharing more proof of Trump's Executive Malfeasance.

Posted by Jack Hickey
a resident of Woodside: Emerald Hills
on Mar 22, 2020 at 5:42 pm

Thank you for the exact quote. It's even better than I remembered!

Posted by Stand proud
a resident of Menlo Park: Park Forest
on Mar 22, 2020 at 6:30 pm

Agreed Jack! So very proud of our President!

Not so proud of B. Obuma, messed up health care fubar! G. Bush, well, Helen Degeneres likes him. B. Clinton, sexual predator [portion removed; stick to the facts]. Yeah, I’ll stick with Don!

Posted by Jack Hickey
a resident of Woodside: Emerald Hills
on Mar 22, 2020 at 6:42 pm

I was merely expressing my gratitude for his saying what he did in a manner which exposed the fraud. I didn't vote for Trump, but if we had preferential voting, he would be my second choice after the Libertarian.

Posted by Trump fired the national pandemic team
on Mar 22, 2020 at 7:01 pm

"saying what he did in a manner which exposed the fraud."

What fraud?

His turning down the WHO tests in January and leaving America weeks behind other countries like Singapore and South Korea?

Posted by Jack Hickey
a resident of Woodside: Emerald Hills
on Mar 22, 2020 at 7:10 pm

The fraud perpetrated by those politicians who use the phrase "If it would only save one life" without accounting for the "unintended consequences" which diversion of revenue creates.

1 person likes this
Posted by Cultists On The Loose Again
on Mar 22, 2020 at 7:51 pm

You shouldn't put your faith in the current (incompetent) president, Hickey. After all, you happen to be in the age group most vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus...and given that there is an acute shortage of test kits, you could end up becoming *very* seriously ill before anyone would know that you were infected with the virus...