After 28 years, Menlo Park's favorite place for pet supplies and friendly advice is closing down | Town Square | Almanac Online |

Original post made on Jun 11, 2020

Come July, Menlo Park's four-legged residents will lose out on a favorite spot to score free treats and those who care for them will lose a community institution. The Pet Place's owners are closing down after 28 years.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, June 11, 2020, 12:53 PM

Posted by gps
on Jun 11, 2020 at 8:49 pm

So long and thanks for all the treats! You'll be missed!

Posted by Karen
on Jun 12, 2020 at 3:11 am

Thank you, Lynn, for always making me feel welcome. Your genuine caring for our beloved animals touched many thousands of hearts. You have had an enormous impact in our lives. Memories of your kindness will bring joy to many for years to come. A true legacy of love. Enjoy your new freedom. Well done!

Posted by Alison B
on Jun 12, 2020 at 7:12 am

Thank you for always being a place of welcome. My dogs have loved visiting you! We wish you well, enjoy your newfound time to relax. We will miss you.

Posted by Chris B
on Jun 12, 2020 at 8:55 am

Lynn, you have been a part of our family the first time I brought DJ in for a visit in 1993. That is 27 years of Jack Russells, Lulu, Leo, Nick and now Stella. Thank you for your devotion, dedication, and integrity all these years. You will be truly missed in this community.

Posted by Burt C
on Jun 12, 2020 at 12:26 pm

Since moving here in 87 The Pet Place has been our provider and friend for all things pets, and there have been many. Lynn was always helpful and engaging, as was the rest of the staff. I'm sorry to see it end but hope you get time to recover and enjoy! You'll be missed!

Posted by Linda Kennedy
on Jun 12, 2020 at 12:38 pm

So sad to see your lovely business close but I’m so happy you can begin to enjoy your retirement. I thank you both for your love and commitment to the animals and the community. You will be greatly missed!

Posted by Happy Resident
a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Jun 12, 2020 at 1:26 pm

We loved this place!
It served our dog, Buster. Later, it was the go to place for our cats L.T., Stumps, and Brady.
Pet Place was the Best of shops with all the best merchandise and all the best customer service! You will always be remembered with great affection.
You made a genuine contribution to Menlo Park.

Posted by Carol Taggart
on Jun 12, 2020 at 1:53 pm

Lynn has been remarkably kind and helpul. Once we discovered this wonderful shop, we went nowhere else for our kitty supplies. When I showed Lynn a photo of our beloved Siamese cat, she made the adoring comments I was hoping for. I have never been inclined to show photos to any other pet shop owner. She genuinely loves animals. Lynn is indeed special, and we wish her all the best!

Posted by Susan
on Jun 12, 2020 at 3:09 pm

Certainly not a surprise, but I’m so sorry to read this news. The Pet Place has been such a wonderful neighbor and friend to so many, two and four legged alike.

Posted by Joyce Miller
on Jun 12, 2020 at 3:33 pm

Oh no! Before moving to Texas 3 years ago, you were my pet food store for my two kitties, Marleau and Puck and my dog, Hoss. I loved talking with your knowledgeable wonderful staff each time I came in. Whenever I have come back in to town I have enjoyed peeking my head in your door to say “hi”. Thank you for the many years of loving our pets. Wishing you all the best for the future!

Posted by Joyce Kellner
a resident of Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
on Jun 12, 2020 at 5:11 pm

You will be so missed! So many small businesses being driven out of business by the internet, so many important relationships disappearing. Thank you for all the advice, comraderie, and genuine interest in all our animals over the years.
Blessings.

Posted by debbiebaker1@gmail.com
a resident of Menlo Park: University Heights
on Jun 12, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Sad to see you go. Enjoy your future. You will be missed! Debbie and Anessa (with Nemo, Tootsie and Stella).

Posted by Claudette
a resident of Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
on Jun 13, 2020 at 12:13 pm

Posted by Alison
a resident of Menlo Park: The Willows
on Jun 15, 2020 at 11:25 am

I am sorry to see you go since I rely on you for your wisdom and supplies to keep my cats happy & healthy. But I wish you many years of enjoying the time with each other and your own pets. All my best to you both!

Posted by Carl
on Jun 15, 2020 at 1:57 pm

Thank you for your years of serving the community!

Posted by Diana
on Jun 15, 2020 at 8:56 pm

I'm very sorry to hear this, but I definitely understand it. Thank you for all those years of advice, food, and various cat things.

Posted by Connie Sutton
a resident of Menlo Park: University Heights
on Jun 16, 2020 at 7:52 pm

We have always felt so comfortable and welcomed here.
Wish you well and much fun in your next chapter.

1 person likes this
Posted by Lexi
a resident of Woodside: other
on Jun 18, 2020 at 7:48 am

Oh, no!! I’m so so sorry to see you go! I have such fond memories of the Pet Place and you and Marc dating back to the Smokey era with Halloweens at your house when we both lived in Allied Arts. You saw me through Calvin, Franny, and Tilly’s puppyhood. You were Franny’s absolutely favorite place. If we walked anywhere near your block of Santa Cruz she would start pulling me and not let up until she was behind your counter with all the treats! And your service was so personalized. I can’t even count how many heavy bags you loaded into my trunk over the years! When we moved away I stopped my daily downtown walks and haven’t seen you as much, but you will remain forever in my heart. I wish you great things in your retirement!

1 person likes this
Posted by Lynda and Larry Anderson
a resident of Woodside: Emerald Hills
on Jun 26, 2020 at 4:32 pm

We are so very sorry to loose this long time business although very understandable. We have valued your expertise and caring over the years and we both of you the very best. Thank you

Posted by stevebellamy@gmail.com
a resident of Menlo Park: University Heights
on Jul 2, 2020 at 7:04 pm

I'm really sad that The Pet Place is closing and happy to add to their GoFundMe. It has always been a happy visit to go there for dog, cat & bird essentials and I'm going to miss doing that. Have fun with the tennis and whatever else you are all going to do going forward!