Longtime Almanac lifestyle editor Jane Knoerle dies at 95 | Town Square | Almanac Online |

Longtime Almanac lifestyle editor Jane Knoerle dies at 95

Original post made on Jun 25, 2020

Jane Hazelton Knoerle, who worked as a staff writer and lifestyle section editor for The Almanac for four decades and served as a role model for several generations of reporters, died June 19 in Southern California at the age of 95.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, June 25, 2020, 4:43 PM

Posted by Renee Meil
a resident of Portola Valley: Ladera
on Jun 25, 2020 at 5:29 pm

I worked at The Almanac in mid 2000s. I treasure the friendship I shared with Jane, whether it was accompanying her to events and restaurants are sharing the latest family happening. She was a role model to me; strong and independent as well as impeccably groomed and clothed. Nothing could stop her; not even being struck by a car. She recommended I try Perbacco, when it first opened. She was right on the mark, as I still continue to dine there and think of her each time I do. My condolences to her family.

Posted by John Knoerle
on Jun 26, 2020 at 1:02 pm

My mother would have adored this obit by Andrea Gemmet!

Posted by Cynthia Johnson
on Jun 26, 2020 at 1:40 pm

Jane was my cousin, whom I adored. She always had a spark - more than just wit, although she was witty and more than just intellect, although she was brainy. She had a special quality and was much loved by our family. I already miss her terribly.

Posted by Maureen
a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Jun 26, 2020 at 1:52 pm

A Menlo Park treasure and a lovely neighbor.

Posted by Richard Hine
on Jun 26, 2020 at 6:04 pm

It was a joy working with Jane for 29 of her 40 years at The Almanac. I can tell you she was as well liked and admired in the newsroom as she was in the community. She will be much-missed and long remembered.

Posted by Sue Dremann
on Jun 26, 2020 at 11:01 pm

I’ll always remember and respect Jane for her kindness toward me in the newsroom when the Almanac and the Palo Alto Weekly moved under the same roof. She was classy, genuine and never had the need to put on airs.