Portola Valley PAC to unseat council members has raised $29K, including from former Obama ambassador

Original post made on Aug 16, 2022

A Political Action Committee (PAC) aimed explicitly at unseating council members up for reelection this fall has raised close to $29,000, far above the typical campaign fundraising in previous Portola Valley council races.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 10:17 AM

Posted by David B
on Aug 16, 2022 at 1:13 pm

David B is a registered user.

I am so very tired of these people and their "if I don't get my way I'll throw all my money opposing you" attitude. I hope PV voters reject their approach.

[Portion removed due to disrespectful comment or offensive language]

Posted by PV Resident
a resident of Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
on Aug 16, 2022 at 2:27 pm

PV Resident is a registered user.

I’ve been here a long time and find this exhausting and disappointing. I hope voters reject the combination of verbal and financial bullying that has taken the place of decency, compromise, patience and understanding.

Posted by PV Volunteer
a resident of Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
on Aug 17, 2022 at 2:37 pm

PV Volunteer is a registered user.

I wish all the candidates good luck in the election, and that PV voters consider their choices carefully in light of the decisions that the Town must face in the future to meet its requirements and to preserve its character.

Posted by Neighbor
a resident of Portola Valley: other
on Aug 19, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Neighbor is a registered user.

I think it's great that there are many candidates from which to choose. I find it very interesting that the Almanac continues to write nothing but negativity about anyone opposing the status quo Town Council in Portola Valley. What purpose does this serve? Almanac, be fair.

David B, you always seem to comment on PV happenings when you've made it clear that you don't live here, you live in Menlo Park. You've also stated several times that you wouldn't live in PV if they paid you to. Why are PV issues so important to you? It just seems odd.

Posted by David B
on Aug 22, 2022 at 10:01 am

David B is a registered user.

Neighbor, you have the wrong David B. (Although I respect his views). I lived in PV for 21 years. Many readers here suspect who I am from my history of opinions in PV (some even respect my opinions). But I prefer to keep my full name out of public Internet postings.

In order to encourage respectful and thoughtful discussion, commenting on stories is available to those who are registered users. If you are already a registered user and the commenting form is not below, you need to log in. If you are not registered, you can do so here.

Please make sure your comments are truthful, on-topic and do not disrespect another poster. Don't be snarky or belittling. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

See our announcement about requiring registration for commenting.

Stay informed.

Get the day's top headlines from Almanac Online sent to your inbox in the Express newsletter.

James Beard Award winning chef Traci Des Jardins' restaurant el Alto abruptly closes its doors in Los Altos months after highly anticipated opening
By The Peninsula Foodist | 14 comments | 9,058 views

Palo Alto's bold proposal to jumpstart home electrification
By Sherry Listgarten | 21 comments | 5,258 views

San Bruno Wins Food Trend Craze with First Plant-Based Gas Mart

How Much Time do You Spend Outdoors?

Is Palo Alto Utilities ready for our increasing demand for more electricity?
By Diana Diamond | 8 comments | 2,057 views