Town Square

County agencies prepare for winter storms

Original post made on Jan 3, 2008

San Mateo County officials are preparing for imminent winter storms by giving away sandbags and asking residents to remove leaves and other debris from storm drains and catch basins.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, January 3, 2008, 4:30 PM


Like this comment
Posted by Andrea Gemmet
Almanac staff writer
on Jan 3, 2008 at 5:57 pm

Andrea Gemmet is a registered user.

-- Menlo Park residents may call the city's Public Works Maintenance Department at 330-6780 to report fallen trees, flooded streets or blocked storm drains. The after-hours number to call is 330-6300.

-- Atherton Public Works can be reached at 752-0570. Information about sand bags is at Web Link .

-- Contact Woodside's Public Works by calling Town Hall at 851-6790 during business hours. After hours, call the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office non-emergency number, 364-1811.

-- To report storm-related incidents in Portola Valley, call the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office at 364-1811, or call 911. The town's public works department has people and services standing by to take action when notified by the county dispatcher.