News

Man killed in May 27 freeway crash in Menlo Park identified

 

A San Jose man, Bryan Smith, died in a solo-vehicle crash on Interstate 280 in Menlo Park on the evening of May 27, according to the Santa Clara County Coroner's Office.

The Coroner's Office delayed identifying the victim until officials had notified his next of kin.

Mr. Smith, 50, was the only occupant of the vehicle and had been traveling north on I-280 when he crashed into a concrete barrier at the Sand Hill Road off-ramp at about 7:52 p.m., the California Highway Patrol said.

Mr. Smith was taken to a hospital, but was pronounced dead by medics after the ambulance left the scene, the CHP said.

Comments

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Couples: Drop Your Keyboard!
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 7,051 views

Coffeebar to expand to Redwood City
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,782 views

A Concrete Joy: The Life and Love of Charlie Foley-Hughes
By Aldis Petriceks | 0 comments | 817 views

Climate Friendly Cuisine Conference
By Laura Stec | 15 comments | 620 views